Activity Points
I have an update…

Remember how I used up ALL of my weight watchers points because I indulged in my delicious cake?? Well, I had to work my butt off to earn some “activity” points so that I would no longer be in the negative zone.

I am proud to say that on Monday…  I did just that. I completely worked my butt off pretty much all day. I only had to go into work for a few hours that day, so when I got home, I popped in my walking DVD and did a little over 3 miles that way. 

I would take a rest, play checkers with my six year old son (he beat me at both of games by the way) and then randomly just set the timer for 10 minutes and I would either walk or run in place. After dinner we went outside, played with Teddy (our tiny Pomeranian-Chihuahua) and raced around the yard with the boys. Then my “never seem to get tired” boys asked if I would play Freeze Tag with them. Now trust me, I was awfully tired by now… but I thought “a few minutes of freeze tag will make my sons happy and will give me a few extra “steps”… OH MY GOODNESS!!! It’s been ages since I played this game, and now I know why. It takes SO much energy. We were having so much fun that the time just flew by. It was so cute to see that even my three year old knew how to play.

We played for about 30 minutes or so and it didn’t just make my body feel good but my soul also. To be able to spend SO much quality time with these precious boys; to see their happy faces as mommy chased them, it was absolutely worth it! After that we all just relaxed and watched a movie together before going to bed. I love being able to “kill two birds with one stone”. I got PLENTY of steps AND I spent tons of valuable time with my boys that makes our relationship that much stronger! 

On Tuesday morning, as I imputed my info into my weight watchers “tracker”, I was pleasantly surprised. I thought it would take me several days to earn enough “activity” points for me to no longer be in the “negative zone”…. I am happy to report I am no longer negative; in fact, I have .5 point to splurge on ; ) I earned 4 activity points on Monday. So if I keep trying just as hard all the way until Wednesday evening, I shall be in a very good place, point wise.
Thanks for all your support and your advice. I like knowing that people actually read this. It makes me want to try so much harder. 
0 Responses

Post a Comment

  • About Me

    My photo
    Spokane, WA, United States
    I am blessed to be a wife to a wonderful man and a mom to 3 amazing boys!! God has blessed me and I am forever grateful! My 1 struggle in life has been my weight... its a hard burden to carry.

    Followers

    Healthy Products

    Commercial Champion Juicer
    Champion Commercial Juicer G5-PG-710 - SILVER MODEL (MAR-48C)

    The Master Cleanser!
    The Master Cleanser!

    The Diet Solution
    The Diet Solution; Stop Dieting...Start Eating...And Start Living!

    The South Beach Diet!
    The South Beach Diet!