3 Layer Cake Recipe
This cake has become one of our absolute favorites! I got it from my sister in law who got it from her cousin... and so on... I wish I had taken pictures while I was making it, but I didn't. So next time I make it, I plan on taking step by step pictures for those of you who are interested. 
I've had sever people ask me for this recipe. So I decided to post it on here so everyone can have it.

Ingredients for each layer:
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 cup sour cream
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda (pour a little vinegar onto the baking soda in spoon until it fizzes and melts away)

Only one of these items per each layer:
1 cup walnuts
1 cup raisins
1 cup poppy seeds

Directions:
Beat the eggs with sugar, then add sour cream, flour, and baking soda with vinegar; mix well. 
Into the first layer, mix in poppy seeds. Into the second, mix in walnuts, and into the third mix in the raisins. 
Bake at 350 for around 30 minutes (or until toothpick comes out clean).
Smother with frosting between layers and all around the cake and make sure to enjoy!


Frosting: 
2 sticks butter 
1 can condensed sweetened milk


You can make any kind of frosting that you would like. There are tons of different varieties that would work.
I like this one because it is super easy, fast, and absolutely delicious!


Now be aware, this is NOT good for your diet! After I completed the cake, I calculated the weight watchers points in the "recipe builder"; the total points for this cake is 256!! CRAZY!! 


When you cut up the cake, count the number of servings that there are, and divide 256 by that number. That will give you the point value for each slice.





 
2 Responses
  1. Olesya A /cousing Says:

    Anna!! What a cook!! Thanks for recepie!! I think I made that cake, but a little differently!!
    SO glad to hear from you!!
    We are going camping this weekend, yehay!!!


  2. Anna Says:

    Lol! Aww... don't flatter me ; ) That's why I love this cake. It tastes REALLY good, it is really quick and easy to make, and there are lots of different variations to it. You can just go with what you like!
    You're the cook, I need some of your delicious recipes..


Post a Comment

  • About Me

    My photo
    Spokane, WA, United States
    I am blessed to be a wife to a wonderful man and a mom to 3 amazing boys!! God has blessed me and I am forever grateful! My 1 struggle in life has been my weight... its a hard burden to carry.

    Followers

    Healthy Products

    Commercial Champion Juicer
    Champion Commercial Juicer G5-PG-710 - SILVER MODEL (MAR-48C)

    The Master Cleanser!
    The Master Cleanser!

    The Diet Solution
    The Diet Solution; Stop Dieting...Start Eating...And Start Living!

    The South Beach Diet!
    The South Beach Diet!