I quit. Yes, again.
I have been dreading writing this post. Why? Well, maybe because I have quit something yet again. It’s getting to be quite embarrassing.

I started the Master Cleanse with the hope of doing it for 40 days. I highly doubted that I could go that long, but I thought I’d give it a try.

99% of my reason for doing this cleanse was for weight loss. The other 1%, I thought, if I cleaned something out, that would just be a bonus.

The 1st few days were going great. I was able to go without eating, not happily, but easily for the most part. I felt great, and I was losing weight.

I think my 4th day into it, I gained a few ounces. I wasn’t too upset, but it did catch my attention. The next day, I gained a FULL pound. I know that sounds ridiculous, but when you are eating absolutely NOTHING and you start to GAIN weight… in my opinion, that’s not normal. As soon as I saw the numbers on the scale, I was done. I was so disappointed. I kept thinking “how can I be gaining, if I’m NOT eating?”  I decided that if I am going to gain weight, I might as well be eating and enjoying it rather than starving and STILL gaining. So that day I decided to start getting off the cleanse. My main purpose of the cleanse was to lose weight, not gain it. I decided there was absolutely no reason to continue torturing myself any longer.

I lasted a full 5 days on the cleanse. Total I lost 7 pounds, and then started gaining it back. It’s been about a week since I got off, and I am too afraid to get on the scale. I think I might have gained all of it back by now. So disappointing.

Overall, I think that if you truly need to cleanse, this is the way to do it. I felt absolutely perfect while doing it. I just don’t think that it’s wise to do this for just weight loss, like I was doing. It’s not worth the torture. I’d rather learn to eat differently and be able to do it the rest of life rather than having to starve.

The drink itself was gross. After having to drink it for so long, it made me want to gag, and thus I ended up drinking less and less of it… and I think that put my body into starvation mode… thus the weight gain.

So yes; I quit again. I feel like a failure, but I won’t let it get me down. I will just keep trying. I never know which diet that I try will finally be “the one”  that will set me free from this fat journey of mine.

Ah. It’s off my mind now. I can relax now and enjoy my life ; )
Labels: , , , , , , edit post
Reactions: 
1 Response
  1. Valik Says:

    LOL, you are funny!! I finally came over and read a few posts... Keep writing! What's up with the last post being on the 8th? Ok, later.


Post a Comment

  • About Me

    My photo
    Spokane, WA, United States
    I am blessed to be a wife to a wonderful man and a mom to 3 amazing boys!! God has blessed me and I am forever grateful! My 1 struggle in life has been my weight... its a hard burden to carry.

    Followers

    Healthy Products

    Commercial Champion Juicer
    Champion Commercial Juicer G5-PG-710 - SILVER MODEL (MAR-48C)

    The Master Cleanser!
    The Master Cleanser!

    The Diet Solution
    The Diet Solution; Stop Dieting...Start Eating...And Start Living!

    The South Beach Diet!
    The South Beach Diet!