My Diet Update
I’ve been meaning to update for quite some time now, but it seems that I can never find the time. Well, right now, I am sitting here at work with NOTHING to do, so I thought “why not now?”

There’s really not much to say. All the weight (7 pounds) that I lost on my starvation journey (The Master Cleanse) I have gained back. I was disappointed, but not surprised. 

After I went off of the cleanse, I decided to just relax and take it easy. And slowly, over a couple of weeks, the pounds crept back up. I am REALLY happy that I did not gain more than I had lost. 

The holidays have begun, and so has the appearance of delicious food. Each morning I decide that “I will be good today” and the same thing happens: Goodies show up! Obviously I cannot NOT have a few of them…. 

Yesterday was December 1st. I can’t believe it. The year is almost over. This has probably been the fastest year of my life... either that, or I’m just getting old... lol

Anyway, I decided that I need to lose about 7 pounds by the end of December (my family is getting together in a hotel to celebrate New Years… in the hotel is a 24 hour pool… a pool means wearing a swimsuit… ugh. The dreaded swimsuit.) 

Anyway, so I decided to try and lose at least a few pounds by then so that I can enjoy myself a little more. That same day that I vowed to be good, Abby walks into work with a PLATTER of homemade goodies. I just looked at her, and all my “plans” went out the window. She made Fudge Peppermint Brownies. Let me tell you. Those were THE BEST brownies I have EVER had in my life!!! 

Now that I look back at the moment, I could have… no SHOULD have... taken ONE brownie and eaten it SUPER slow and actually enjoyed it. But did I do that? No! Sadly, embarrassingly, I swallowed like 4 of them within just a mere few minutes. WHY?? WHY?? WHY?? Do I do that to myself!! It’s like as soon as something seems good, all my “self control” goes out the window until I am done devouring whatever it was that was put in front of me. Then the regret, the sadness all sets in and I think to myself “Next time, I will NOT do that. Next time, I will eat really slow, enjoy my food, and control myself.” But does that happen? Nope. Only in my head does that actually take place.

Anyway, my goal for this month should be an easy one. I want to lose 7 pounds in 30 days. That shouldn’t be TOO impossible, right?
Labels: , , , , , , edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment

  • About Me

    My photo
    Spokane, WA, United States
    I am blessed to be a wife to a wonderful man and a mom to 3 amazing boys!! God has blessed me and I am forever grateful! My 1 struggle in life has been my weight... its a hard burden to carry.

    Followers

    Healthy Products

    Commercial Champion Juicer
    Champion Commercial Juicer G5-PG-710 - SILVER MODEL (MAR-48C)

    The Master Cleanser!
    The Master Cleanser!

    The Diet Solution
    The Diet Solution; Stop Dieting...Start Eating...And Start Living!

    The South Beach Diet!
    The South Beach Diet!