Thanksgiving Day!!
Today is Thanksgiving Day. I absolutely love the holidays!! Something about them just makes me extremely happy. I guess it's the fact that we are all so blessed and have so much to be thankful for and the fact that the holidays just kind of bring families closer... most of the time.

Today is Thanksgiving Day. But I will be blogging about yesterday. The holiday celebrating and feasting started a day early for us. Since we have a "His & Hers" family, we have to always try to figure out how to spend our holidays with both my family, and my husbands. Most of "His" family was going out of town this morning, so my sister in law Luda, hosted a Thanksgiving Dinner at her place last night. I must say, she is quite a host. Decorates very nicely and cooks deliciously. 


I took this picture before the turkey & other dishes were set out on it.. that's why it doesn't look too full....but it was!
 
I believe we all had a great time last night. The food was scrumptious and the time spent well. There was way too much to choose from, as always, so I had to be very careful. I went with the "low carb" approach for the most part. My eyes could have eaten everything on the table. But my stomach, well, that's a different story. I had to be very selective so as to not over eat. 

Jenni texted me a reminder right before we started eating 
"Nothing tastes as good as thin feels"
Yeah, that is so true, but SO hard to comprehend when you are sitting down to a Thanksgiving feast. But I tried.

I eyed everything carefully. Thinking "Do I REALLY want that?" After careful deliberation with myself, this is what I ended up with:

 I'll be honest, I did have just a bit more of the "Selodka Pod Shubay" Salad (a layered salad with salmon) and a few more of the stuffed Jalapenos (these were my most favorite part of the meal!). And the fancy looking drink was just Apple Cider with a pretty Star Fruit accessory.

 For dessert we had a homemade "Bezze" cake. Not sure how to explain it in American. I'll summarize it this way: It was Russian and it was absolutely AMAZINGLY delicious!! Luda was gonna decorate it prettily, but the decorating cream didn't set well, so it ended up a tiny bit bare, but still pretty.


At this point, I gave up "low carbing" for the time being and enjoyed a slice of cake.....and then another one on my way out the door. lol.. I just couldn't help it.

I was really surprised yesterday. I really didn't think that I ate all that much, but boy, I sure was uncomfortable. It's weird, but since I've started eating a lot of non RAW food, I have been bloated most of the time. I felt really uncomfortable stuffed last night, but I couldn't figure out why. I guess I was mainly bloated and not stuffed, but I did not like the feeling. 

It was a great evening. We got to relax and enjoy each others company and some great food. 

I think as we look around, we will all find that we truly have a lot to be thankful for. We shouldn't limit Thanksgiving to just 1 day out of the whole year, I think we should ALWAYS be giving thanks to God for all of His blessings. 

I hope you enjoy today. Enjoy your family. Enjoy the food. And count your blessings!! 

2 Responses
  1. Jenni Says:

    You are welcome join us on our juice fast this Monday. Get rid of all the "Thanksgiving" food and get you body ready for the "Christmas/New Year" celebrations... ;o)


  2. Anna Says:

    Jenni, I sure am thinking about doing something until Christmas & New Years. I might join you for PART of your juice fast, but I gotta figure out a plan ; )

    I'll definitely let you know : )

    Thanks for the invite ; )


Post a Comment

  • About Me

    My photo
    Spokane, WA, United States
    I am blessed to be a wife to a wonderful man and a mom to 3 amazing boys!! God has blessed me and I am forever grateful! My 1 struggle in life has been my weight... its a hard burden to carry.

    Followers

    Healthy Products

    Commercial Champion Juicer
    Champion Commercial Juicer G5-PG-710 - SILVER MODEL (MAR-48C)

    The Master Cleanser!
    The Master Cleanser!

    The Diet Solution
    The Diet Solution; Stop Dieting...Start Eating...And Start Living!

    The South Beach Diet!
    The South Beach Diet!