Another Day.... came to an end
Wow!! What a day!! This one sure was a busy one!! 
This morning we decided to go for a walk at some Catholic park.. not cause we are Catholic or anything like that, but cause it was so pretty there.. It was a very serene, peaceful place. Lots of attractive areas to take pictures in. I thought I was done feeling nauseous, but there were several times during our walk that I thought I was going to throw up... not a fun feeling. And I know that a lot of you are probably thinking by now "maybe you're pregnant"... no. I am not lol.... 
Anyway, after we were done walking through the park, we stopped by Panda Express to have lunch. Since this IS a dieting diary, I will add some of that in here too. At the restaurant, I did not have a appetite. I got an order for the boys, split it into 4 parts. They each ate their part, I took probably 3-4 bites of mine, and I was done.. After that we went to YoCream. This is my review for the day: um.. whatever... yeah. Thats what I thought of the frozen yogurt place. At first, I was very excited. It looked different and fun. But when I actually went to buy the yogurt, I was very disappointed. You basically walk in, get a container and fill it with whatever frozen yogurt & toppings that you want and they charge 40 cents per oz. The "whatever" part is the part where they only have about 6 flavors to choose from. That's what ruined it for me. I was wanting something fancy and all they had was like Vanilla, Orange, a few Sorbets, and a few other flavors. No variety at all. My review conclusion is this: Its only fun if you like bland flavors. I got some for the boys and had about 1 tsp worth.. that was my whole lunch today. I was very happy to have eaten so little ; )
After that we took the kids (and ourselves) to the Portland Airport... we parked right by the strips where the planes land and where they take off. Not only was it fun for the kids, I totally enjoyed it. I've never been so close to such huge planes as they took off or landed. It was quite something. I know it sounds lame, but it really wasn't.... I'm not sure who enjoyed it more, the kids or me ; )
After that we went to IKEA. I know this is probably a shocker, but we have NEVER been there before.. I'm not sure what I thought of it. I guess its ok. I mean, there were several things in there that I thought were cute.. but a lot of it was not to my liking. I also didn't like the fact that you have to write numbers down... and that's how you shop... what if you write down the wrong number? Then there's a bunch of confusion that you have to deal with. I also worry that since it's pretty cheap prices, that the quality is also quite cheap and the stuff won't last long. I could have spent a lot more time in there... but we were running short on time, so we didn't have the luxury of examining everything we would have liked to... I'm glad we got to finally go there since I've been hearing so much about it. I'm pretty sure eventually, I will buy something from there ; )
Another one of my cousins that lives here in Vancouver invited us over for dinner.. so off we went. There was a lot of yummy food to choose from and enjoy... so much better than a restaurant. There was also a variety of homemade Russian goodies for dessert. I was so glad to have eaten so little today... it meant I could have a little extra for dinner and not feel quite so bad... This was the first time that I have actually talked to my cousins wife... sad, I know... but it turns out that I really liked her! She was very easy and fun to talk to.... I could have chatted with her for much longer... but we had to leave due to the fact that some people had to get up very early in the morning for work... 
We've been having such an amazing time here!! I love spending time with relatives... remembering our childhood... seeing how now its our kids that are playing (and fighting) together... makes me feel kinda old.. but gives me some sort of a warm "mature" feeling also.
I remember when we were young and would go on trips with my parents, and how we always got invited places and the parents would sit around the table all evening drinking tea and laughing.... its so amazing to me that now, that is us. 

 
0 Responses

Post a Comment

  • About Me

    My photo
    Spokane, WA, United States
    I am blessed to be a wife to a wonderful man and a mom to 3 amazing boys!! God has blessed me and I am forever grateful! My 1 struggle in life has been my weight... its a hard burden to carry.

    Followers

    Healthy Products

    Commercial Champion Juicer
    Champion Commercial Juicer G5-PG-710 - SILVER MODEL (MAR-48C)

    The Master Cleanser!
    The Master Cleanser!

    The Diet Solution
    The Diet Solution; Stop Dieting...Start Eating...And Start Living!

    The South Beach Diet!
    The South Beach Diet!