Juice Cleanse Update
Um... so I haven't updated in a few days. Sucks. I'm going to try to summarize the last few days within this blog. Bare with me. 

The last few days have been really hard. Not only am I hungry, but I have also somehow managed to gain back a pound. Weird, I know. I vent to my sister every morning (and all day ;) and she said that I am not drinking enough juice, thus my body is going into starvation mode and keeping all my "extra" for the famine it thinks I'm in. She recommended that I drink 64 ounces of juice AND 64 ounces of water per day. As hard as it seems, I have been doing just that the last 4 days. I think its working, cause this morning I was a pound lighter (so I lost the 1 pound that I had gained back and am now back down to 179.2).

This weekend was really hard. My brother Dennis and his wife Marina came into town, so there were lots of family get togethers with lots of tempting food. We had everyone over on Sunday, and I made the famous Duggar Tater Tot Casserole




I've been wanting that for quite a long time now, but I just sat there and watched everyone else devour it. Boy, this was hard. 

I guess it helps that people are showering me with compliments. I think most of them are just trying to be nice, but some I think are sincere... at least I hope they are ; )  a lady at work actually called me "Skinny Mini" today... I had to laugh at that cause I am WAY far from being a skinny mini.. at least another 25 pounds away from that.. lol.. but it still feels good, seems to make the torture of starving kinda worth it...

I'll post some juices that I have made, just in case you're gonna juice and need some ideas. Or just so you know what is going into my body...

This has become my "main" juice. I am "borrowing" the recipe from Valik & Jenni. It contains 1 whole 16oz container of Leafy Greens, 2 leaves of Kale, 1 beet with greens, 6 carrots, and 4 apples. It tastes pretty good, and all this usually gives me the 64 ounces of juice I need per day. So I juice this in the morning, and I am set for the day.



I brought this jar to work with me, then had to create a "lab" in the bathroom to pour the juice into my 16 ounce containers so I would know for sure how much I drank that day.


I also tried this juice, and I um.. do NOT recommend it. I'd probably make it again, but I would definitely NOT put in the cilantro. As much as I love cilantro, I do not believe it was meant to be juiced.. lol

It contained Romain Lettuce, tomatoes, an English cucumber, a red pepper, some kale and a bunch of cilantro.

My friend Anna is one of the most sweetest people I have ever met. Just absolutely thoughtful. She sent me a card in the mail and made my day so much better. 

So, now that I threw all that out there. Let me close. 

I want to cry. Really, really bad. I thought this would get easier as the days went by, but instead, they seem to be getting harder and harder. I want to eat so bad!! And it doesn't help to come into a house full of delicious aromas. I walked in today and my husband was cooking up a feast. Potatoes baking in the oven, chicken and veggies being prepared. Noodles and chicken with some fancy tomato sauce simmering on the stove. It was all I could do to hold myself back from putting something in my mouth. I just stood there, smelling it and holding back tears. 

I sure do hope this is all worth it. I hope the next 20 days go very fast and easy for me. I want to see and feel wonderful results when I am done with this torture. All the juices are making me gag. I am so tired of them!!

The only juice that I like right now is the one I bought yesterday. 
I had nothing to juice at home, so I stopped by and got this before work. YUM!!! It was delicious!! I wished I had more of it to drink. It had a lot of fruits it in, but it also had some great "green" ingredients. So I didn't feel like I was "cheating", but I sure was enjoying it. Thinking of maybe giving myself a "treat" like this once a week or so... ; )

My sister Alyona was also being very sweet and thoughtful this weekend. She brought me some beautiful flowers. I was really touched by the gesture...
Now that I have updated this, I think I will go curl up under my blanket and try not to smell the food or think about it... might cry... might not... lol

5 Responses
  1. Jenni Says:

    The next 20 days are gonna be over before you know it. Look... Your already 1/2 way there! Wasn't that fast! Yes it was :o)

    Your doing awesome! Keep that goal in mind... Bathing suit... New Year ;o)

    Keep juicing... I'll keep checking up on you ;o)


  2. Anonymous Says:

    Anna, your doing soo soo soo good!!! very proud of your hard work that is paying off so well!! you look great and feel great!!
    im happy you have family, frieds to keep you going everyday!! the support is always to helpful!!! soon you will be the weight you always wanted to be, Miss Skinny mini!! i cant wait to see you that way, glowing!!

    hopeing to see you when im back :-)


  3. Anna Says:

    Lol!! Yes Jenni, the last 20 days did go by very fast, now that I'm looking BACK at them... but looking forward and knowing that I have 20 more days of this.. boy oh boy, it feels like torture.. You keep checking on me, otherwise I'd quit ; )

    New Years... Bathing suit... New Years... Bathing suit... ; )


  4. Anna Says:

    Aw, thank you Anonymous (I'm guessing I know who it is, but I might be wrong)

    Very sweet words. And yes, the support is absolutely essential for something like this. Without my "cheerleaders", I would have quit on day 1 ; )


  5. Sweet Treats Says:

    It was me :-)
    couldn't log in properly in Texas so it end up being anonymous :-)


Post a Comment

  • About Me

    My photo
    Spokane, WA, United States
    I am blessed to be a wife to a wonderful man and a mom to 3 amazing boys!! God has blessed me and I am forever grateful! My 1 struggle in life has been my weight... its a hard burden to carry.

    Followers

    Healthy Products

    Commercial Champion Juicer
    Champion Commercial Juicer G5-PG-710 - SILVER MODEL (MAR-48C)

    The Master Cleanser!
    The Master Cleanser!

    The Diet Solution
    The Diet Solution; Stop Dieting...Start Eating...And Start Living!

    The South Beach Diet!
    The South Beach Diet!